Parking | Race Day Plan
We ask all runners to PLAN AHEAD AND ARRIVE AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE!
Parking is one of the biggest logistical hurdles SMRF has to plan around. St. Michaels has one road in and one road out – presenting the need for a fairly comprehensive race day parking plan.
Thanks to the St. Michaels Police Department and an outstanding parking team, you will be gently ushered to a parking area. We ask that you please follow the instructions of our designated parking team as they are tasked with getting you parked in a timely fashion and ensuring that all traffic moves through our town smoothly.
There is ample parking in St. Michaels, the surrounding communities and at the school campus to park all of our runners. Regardless of where our parking crew directs you, you will be able to walk to the start line (or jog for a warm up) within a few minutes.
CLICK HERE for parking map
Road | Closures
Main Street (Talbot St) will be closed from Trusty St to Lincoln Ave from 7:00am to 8:00am. At 8:00am, the road will be opened for good - EXPECT PERIODIC DELAYS AND MINOR STOPS UNTIL 10:00am.
Areas affected by the race route:
- SEYMOUR AVENUE: Start area with limited vehicular access from 6:00am to 8:30am
- MAIN STREET: Main Street from Lincoln Ave to Trusty St. closed from 7:00am to 8:00am.
- DEEPWATER POINT ROAD: Heavy runner traffic from 7:20am to 8:00am.
- CHANCE HOPE FARM: Heavy runner traffic from 7:25am to 8:45am.
- MARTINGHAM CIRCLE: Heavy Runner traffic from 8:00am to 9:30am.
- DODSON, NORTH AND RAILROAD: Heavy runner traffic from 8:00am to 10:00am.
- Mt. PLEASANT AND CHURCH NECK: Heavy runner traffic from 8:15am to 10:50am.
- BOUNDARY LANE AND TRICE FIELDS ROAD: Heavy Runner traffic from 7:40am to 8:30am.
Parking | Areas
SPECIAL NEEDS parking is available at the start area – CLICK HERE for a location map.
GENERAL PARKING: Please follow the direction of our parking team as they're tasked with getting everyone situated and to the start line in a timely manner. We’ve got over 30 parking team members and they will point you to the nearest available parking spot - so please look for them and follow their direction.
- St. Michaels School Complex – there are 2 main lots and an overflow lot located at the St. Michaels School Complex.
- Marea Development – the Marea Parking area is approximately a 5-minute walk to the start. If you are asked to pull into this area, a parking team member will guide you to the next available spot.
- Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum – Many thanks to the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum for allowing SMRF to use its parking lot for the race! If asked to park at the museum, it’s a short 5-minute jog or 10-minute walk to the start area. Please enjoy the stroll through St. Michaels as you make our way to the start.
In additional to the above designated lots there is ample off-site parking in the surrounding area. Our parking team will gently usher you to the nearest and most convenient spot.